Random Tuesday Thoughts


Why are people more irritating first thing in the morning than they are after lunch?


My route to work has a lot of ongoing road constructions/pavement resurfacing happening at the moment and in order to ensure the safety of the construction crews, the have set up a series of traffic cones dividing the workers from the oncoming traffic. It's not like the cones are really going to stop a speeding vehicle, but whatever. One day, I’m going to snap, step on the gas and run my car into those things, knocking them all over. The cones – not the workers.


Why did Continental Airlines send me an e-mail advising me of a change in my upcoming departure time? It was meant to be 5:35 p.m. and now it’s 5:36 p.m. One minute. Seriously?


I’ve been asked to manage a new project at work. What they haven’t considered is the fact that I’m not a financial expert or marketing guru, both of which the project requires. Without drawing attention to myself, how do I say, “Have you actually looked at my resume? In case you hadn’t noticed, I’m not actually qualified to do that job.”


I have a relative who hasn’t bothered to speak to me in almost 3 years and suddenly, she has sent me 3 e-mails in 3 days asking that I complete her wills for her. What my family fails to recognize is that I don’t know the first thing about estate law, criminal law, tax law or divorce law. They hear that I work in a legal department and assume the word “legal” = free legal advice on whatever they need. In order to make them go away, I usually just make something up. I know it’s dishonest, but remember - you get what you pay for.


I joined Facebook a couple of years ago – pretty much just to stalk people, which in some cases has either made me feel really good about my life or in some cases has solidified my belief that I could being doing more with it. Lately, Facebook makes me want to gouge my eyes out. I can’t believe some of the updates people provide – if it’s awkward for me, shouldn’t it be embarrassing for them? Not to mention, I don’t really care about your status in Mafia Wars and Farmville. I’ve got better things to do with my life – like blogging.



As always, stop by and visit The Un Mom for plenty more Tuesday Randomness.

Comments

I am Harriet said…
Sometimes I like to think of it as 'destruction' rather than 'construction'.

Have a great RT!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/10/balloon-boy-family-feels-under-siege.html
Silvia said…
Ehehehe! I agree.
nyway, you are such an intelligent girl, who doesn't give 118% nor 103% and your boss expects more from you. I'm joking. Cheer up. And tell them "I won't do it, because..."
Brian Miller said…
the morning...coffee has not had enough time to sink in.

so i have this court date coming up...lol, jst kidding.

facebook, i rarely go on there any more...and twitter is started to fall into that same category.
Anonymous said…
I do not go to facebook anymore...as my husband inhabits that darn place and flirts with all our common friends living several continants away!! lol!!

visiting via RTT
Anonymous said…
"t's not like the cones are really going to stop a speeding vehicle, but whatever. One day, I’m going to snap, step on the gas and run my car into those things, knocking them all over. The cones – not the workers."

I've often wanted to do that. XD

Ugh. I hate FB. And MS. Any of those site really. Highly annoying and have little to no use. I'd rather email a friend or heres a novel idea...try calling them. It's more personal that way.
JW.BW said…
One great thing about being deployed... No traffic. How nice of your family member to turn up out of the blue just to use you. And I've said it before, and Ill say it again. Facebook is the devil!!!
Mike said…
Great Random!!! I find people annoying all day, no better in the morning or afternoon!

I hate when relatives contact you after a long time and then ask you,"Where have you been?"

Facebook is ridiculous!!!!!
Hmmm, not being qualified might work in your favor. When you succeed, you'll be so impressed with yourself, and if you screw up, well, you told 'em, right?

Popular posts from this blog

January Blows...

Heard It Through A Cube Wall...Version 3.0