Random Tuesday Thoughts
Since I have a lot of them, I've decided to become organized and jump on the Random Thoughts bandwagon. I picked up the idea from Wizard of Otin, who I think picked it up from The Un Mom, but it doesn't really matter... or need to be too complicated (or make your head hurt)...it's a great idea.
- I dislike Tuesdays that feel like Mondays – thanks to the Canadian Thanksgiving. Now, I’m just a day behind in being miserable.
- Family get-togethers further cement my beliefs that some of my extended family members are a bunch of rednecks. You know you’re a redneck if…at the Thanksgiving table, you brag about using the edible shrimp from a shrimp ring as fish bait because they work better than worms. No shit. What fish wouldn’t want to dine on a $9.00 shrimp ring instead of a $2.00 can of worms?
- I’m happy to report that I did not gain the predicted 5 lbs this weekend, but managed to keep it to 3 lbs. The other 2 lbs will arrive shortly though, as I still have half of a turkey sitting in my refrigerator. Damn you hot turkey and gravy sandwiches…
- It’s been six weeks since my “running” injury. I’ve finally been given the “all clear to get my fat ass off the couch”, so tonight I have a date with my treadmill and tomorrow I’ll reward my healthy lifestyle with a meatball sub for lunch.
- I decided to try drinking tea this morning upon my arrival to work, as I’m attempting to reduce my coffee intake. The choices in the kitchen were goji berry, licorice and spice, ginger and lemon, raspberry pomegranate, mint cascade or chamomile heaven. Now I’m curious - 95% of our workforce are men and I wonder what percentage of them actually admit to drinking the “chamomile heaven”. What the hell happened to just plain regular tea?