I'm Happy & Give Thanks...
- When I arrived at work this morning, I was happy to find a tray full of bagels and muffins waiting in the lunchroom for me (well maybe they weren’t ALL for me…). I’d be happier if I wasn’t suspect of management’s sudden generosity with the gift of doughy goodness.
- I’m happy today is Friday. I’d be happier if it was 4:30.
- I’m happy that it’s a long weekend in
. It’s Thanksgiving on Monday. I give thanks for turkey, potatoes, gravy and pie. Canada
- I’m happy that this weekend also happens to be the start of Oktoberfest in my region. I give thanks for schnitzel, beer and the polka. I’d be happier if I actually knew how to polka, instead of
flailing and spinning about wildly yelling “E-I-E-I-E-I-O”. I’m happiest knowing that no one else actually knows how to polka either.
- I’m happy that my in-laws are hosting Thanksgiving dinner. I’d be happier if the in-laws would use paper plates or at least purchase a dishwasher so I wouldn’t have to help manually wash the dishes. I’d be happiest if I could attend the dinner wearing my pajamas - this simple wardrobe adjustment would save me from being uncomfortable after the meal, while I'm having to do dishes.
- I’d be happy if I could avoid gaining 5 lbs over Thanksgiving/Oktoberfest weekend, but they only way that is going to happen is if I’m in a coma or suddenly decide to become a vegan. Let’s be honest, I’m screwed.
- I’m happy knowing it’s only 1 month and 4 days until my holidays begin and I’m basking in the warmth of the
Caribbeansunshine. I’m happier knowing I can wear my bikini and not care that I’ve gained those 5 lbs. I’m happiest knowing the people that see me wearing my bikini don’t know me and I will likely never see them again. I give thanks for strangers.