Coming Soon to Canada...
I certainly don’t require a calendar to point out the fact that the autumnal equinox in the Northern Hemisphere is next Tuesday – September 22nd and being located north of the 49th parallel, it becomes apparent early on what next week will bring – Fall.
I love the Fall season, I just don’t like what comes after it…brrrr
Signs of Fall in
- When I wake up, it’s dark and when I leave for work, it’s still dark and soon, I will be driving home in the dark as well. It’s no wonder, I feel like a sun-deprived mole 85% of the year.
- The overnight temperature is dipping lower and lower. My wooly socks have once again become a part of my nightly ensemble. Soon it will be time to put away the cotton sheets in exchange for the flannel ones and electric blanket.
- The Canada Geese have begun to fly in their famous “V” pattern and my deck is directly beneath their daily flight pattern. Damn flying rodents… I can’t quite figure out where there going because they certainly aren’t headed south.
- Soon I will have to admit defeat and put away my summer clothes and haul out the winter ones. In Fall and Spring, I’m faced with the reality that I have gained weight during the time my old favorites were resting comfortably at the back of my closet.
- With Thanksgiving arriving in
on October 12th, Thanksgiving and Halloween decorations are everywhere. The local grocery stores are advertising “Order your Thanksgiving Turkey early to avoid disappointment”. Believe me, this is a scam, there are always plenty of turkeys to go round and no one is left disappointed. MmmMmmm, turkey… Canada
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back at Starbucks. Enough said.
- The new fall television season is about to start and to that I give a big shout out - thank you baby Jesus! I don’t think I could take another repeat of Myth Busters, Dirty Jobs or J’s new favorite – Ice Road Truckers.