Random Thoughts - Tacos and Bill...

  • I went to Jiffy Lube at lunch to have my oil changed. Jiffy Lube is meant to be one of those quick lube places, promising an oil change in 15 minutes or less. This was not to be the case today and after 20 minutes of waiting in line, I became distracted by the Taco Bell drive thru next door and left. Mmmm – Taco Bell.

  • Why do certain parents find it perfectly acceptable to allow their 5 and 6 year old children to behave like demons in public? There is nothing worse than witnessing a 6 year old boy whining like a 2 year old girl. I’d love to give them something to whine about – both the parents and children.

  • My son is about to start his final year of high school and the boy does not have a clue of what he is going to do with the rest of his life. In a mere 6 months, a decision should be made because he will need to start applying to colleges. It’s stressing me out just thinking about his lack of interest in the whole process.

  • The weather is supposed to be crappy and rainy again this weekend and we have Hurricane Bill to thank for this oncoming weather system. Seriously, can you get a dumber sounding name for a hurricane?

Comments

CrazyCris said…
Hurrican names... I never paid any attention to them until Katrina!

The reason being it's also my sister's name! We got lots of laughs out of the whole thing, and she kept getting quirky messages from her Stateside friends "look our, Hurricane Kat is coming to town!"
That is until the hurricane touched land and then it stopped being funny.

Who do we have to thank for hurricane names I wonder?

oh, and about your son? I'm over 30 and still don't know what I want to do for the rest of my life! (ditto my dad and he's past 60)
He'll be fine! At least in the US you've got the first couple of years to cdeclare a major. In Europe we start directly in a specific field and changing is very difficult.
@Cris - Yeah, I still don't know what I want to do either and I over 40 (not by much), but I suspect he thinks it's acceptable to live in my basement instead of going to school.
Brian Miller said…
taco bell beats an oil change any day...

what does your son love? too many people go for the money...tell him to go for something he will enjoy...turn 36 tomorrow and finally figured that out...

hope the weather clears and you have a great weekend!
@Brian - That's exactly what we have told our son - do what makes you happy - life's too short! Happy Birthday!!
Mara said…
It's totally normal not to know what you want to do with your life at 17 or 18. That's why many schools allow you to enroll as "undecided"!
@MJ - Thanks for visiting. I know he will figure it out sooner or later, so I'm sure I'm stressing for nothing.
Bobby Allan said…
I'm 43 and I have no clue what I want to do for the rest of my life.

Popular posts from this blog

January Blows...

Still Here, Still Grinding …