I Want Wednesdays...

Citizen 20th Anniversary Aqualand Eco-Drive Edition Dive Watch/Dive Computer – This is my “ultimate dream” scuba toy. With the dive watch/dive computer combination, it is fun, functional and eco-friendly, as it never needs a battery - it runs on stored energy from any light source. It’s also water resistance to 660 ft! Not that I could possible survive at that depth; but it’s cool knowing it would. On second it probably wouldn’t last long, considering it’s dependent on a light source. Hmm…regardless of its flaws, I still want it.

Panini Press Gourmet Sandwich Maker - I love sandwiches and I especially love grilled sandwiches - grilled cheese, grilled ham and cheese, grilled turkey and swiss. Mmmmm... I have been asked for a Panini press as a Christmas, birthday, mother's day or even Valentine's Day present for two years now. Why isn't my husband listening to me? He likes sandwiches too, so I'm not sure what his problem is. Well, in all fairness to him, I may have banned household items as gifts after the ironing board and vacuum cleaner incidences of 2003, but come on now - if it's on a list, it's o.k., I promise.

Weight Loss - Now this wish, might have something to do with my love of sandwiches, but I have gained 4 lbs over the past 3 days! How is that possible? I am the heaviest I have EVER been! Typically, I'm not bothered by slight weight fluctuations, but this is beyond my level of comprehension.

I have been consistently running on the treadmill 4 nights a week, for at least half an hour each time and for the other 3 nights, I work out with weights. I'm in denial of the fact that muscle weighs more than fat, so don't even go there.

I do have a theory...my scales are digital and they are branded with a little "Weight Watchers" logo. Could this be a corporate conspiracy on behalf of WW? Could WW actually be ruthless enough to manufacture scales that automatically add a few pounds every few months, days, hours - depending on how often they are used? Of course they are! It's corporate greed that makes the world go round and what better way to drive additional members to join? Desperation works every time. Am I grasping? Perhaps, but it's the only explanation I possibly have.

I want to lose 20 lbs by Christmas and in order to do so, I'll continue to exercise, eat right and in the meantime, I'm kicking those WW scales to the curb and shutting WW big brother out of my bathroom.



Comments

Brian Miller said…
ha. i've wondered the same conspiracy...my scales are evil...i know. or maybe it is the desire for said sandwich press...yum.
JW.BW said…
What a neat watch!! And I love grilled turkey and cheese sammie!!! They are the best!!! I have put one some serious LBs in the past few weeks too. but no big mystery here, I have just not been watching what I put in my mouth. Im eating EVERYTHING and twice as much as I should. No wonder I cant breathe my uniform is soooo tight!!
CrazyCris said…
oooh! pretty toy!!!

I now know what I'm buying if I win the lottery! ;o)
@ Brian - I'm telling you it's a conspiracy - between the scales and the sandwich press, I'm doomed.

@ JW - Maybe your right - it's what I'm putting in my mouth. I've been eating healthy, but haven't been considering the beer drinking that summer pushes upon me. Shame on me...

@ CrazyCris - I knew you'd like the toy too!
*krystyn* said…
I'm wanting a watch too, but mine is a Garmin GPS watch - for running of course.

I may have to start this Wishful Wednesdays blogging...there's always something I want...

Popular posts from this blog

January Blows...

Still Here, Still Grinding …