Blinded by the Light...

Today’s rant is brought to you by the construction road crews that litter my commute routes.

Dear Pave-All Construction Company,

I cannot understand why road construction has started so late in the damn season. Yes, I said LATE in the season. In realize it’s only August, but keep in mind, we are from Canada and summer is short here, so the 3rd week in August is ridiculously late to be starting an entire road resurfacing project. Don’t you agree? What are you thinking?

Is there a particular reason why you have chosen this specific route for ripping up the pavement and causing a muddy mess? In my opinion, the road you have chosen does not need to be resurfaced. If you’re looking for work, I’d be happy to point you in the direction of at least 5 other roads on my commute route that are in need of new pavement, but the one you are resurfacing isn’t one of them. You see, I consider myself a bit of an expert in this particular route, as I drive it 5 days a week, 2 times a day for 50 weeks a year. If it needed to be replaced, I would be the first to let you know – trust me.

Can you clarify one thing for me? How many construction workers does it take to work the stop/slow signs? I’m just curious, because there seem to be at least six of you standing around holding the signs, but only two of you seem to know how to work them. Are the remaining four individuals “caution sign trainees” or are they part of the road crew marching band?

Lastly, I understand that the weather has been hot, but as I concerned citizen, I must request that for the safety of your road crew and the motoring public, could you possibly ask your road crew to pull up their pants? Please understand that too much butt crack exposure causes quiet a visual distraction, followed by momentary blindness and disgust. Honestly, this repetitive exposure may have already caused me irreparable harm and emotional pain and suffering.

Once again, I urge you reconsider wasting my tax dollars on roads that do not need to be fixed; however if you truly need a place to spend my money, my recommendation would be give it back to me, but if I’m not considered worthy enough, may I suggest the local food bank?

Yours truly,


Blinded by the Light
Ontario, Canada

Comments

JW.BW said…
You have some very valid points here. Also, Id like to add, Why in the world do you close a lane 25 miles before the construction begins and leave it closed for 10 miles after it ends causing REDICULOUS delays???? WHY WHY WHY!?!?!?!
Rae said…
Your blog is fantastic. I stopped by for a visit and I am so glad I did. You have great material.
f8hasit said…
They paved my road earlier this year. Then they tore up sections of it. Then they repaved the road, but it's not even. So the residents complained and they tre up the sections and paved again.

Then yesterday they were tearing up other sections.

Wouldn't you think that they would do all the work needed BEFORE they paved in the furst place?

They need to get a woman to run the city office...then I bet it would be done right. AND on time.
:-)

Enjoy your commute!
Nancy
Beatriz said…
I have lived in LBB for 5 yrs now and I have never seen finished roads here. every single road has been under construction for 5 years now but surprisingly I never see anyone working on them. How about you send some of those butt cracks down this way and maybe we'll see some progress :)

I think you should submit your letter :)
Unknown said…
Give you your tax dollars back?? What a concept?!!
Brian Miller said…
lol. nice rant. they are starting work on the road between us and the school just in time for Logans first day today...what amazing intelligence it must have took...the cool thing is if the sun is just right you might get an eclipse by the moons...lol.
Bobby Allan said…
Funny! You make some very valid suggestions. Road construction is the worst. Lucky for me, I take bad roads to work and I've avoided (do I dare say this out loud?) construction all season.

Popular posts from this blog

January Blows...

Still Here, Still Grinding …