Microsoft Rant

While checking my bank balance this morning, I noticed a charge on my credit card that I do not recall authorizing for Microsoft Xbox Live. Obviously concerned that my card has been hijacked by marauding teens, I make the call to my bank (less than helpful) as they proceed to insinuate that perhaps my own son took my credit card and authorized the Xbox Live charge.

It’s pointless to argue that my son’s Xbox hasn’t worked in over 2 months (and wouldn’t take my credit card without asking), so I concede defeat with the bank and agree to call Microsoft directly.

My Microsoft experience only causes me more frustration by the time it’s through (kind of like the Vista O/S experience). After 15 minutes and 9 security questions later, I’ve been able to determine that I did authorize an Xbox Live subscription on my son’s behalf (over 1 year ago); however what Microsoft fails to disclose in their fine print is that once you have authorized your credit card for subscription purchases, they automatically renew on an annual basis.

It gets even better and more frustrating because:

  1. My son has never been able to use Xbox Live, as we live in a rural area and our internet is not fast enough to support it, so essentially the subscription we purchased last year went unused;
  2. As mentioned before, the Xbox system stopped working 2 months ago; and
  3. Microsoft will not provide me with a credit for the $67.00 just charged to my credit card – even though it has been billed 1 year in advance BECAUSE, my son could (if he wanted to), log onto to Xbox Live from someone else’s house and someone else Xbox and take advantage of his subscription.

ARGGGH – no wonder Bill Gates is one of the richest people in the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Blows...

Heard It Through A Cube Wall...Version 3.0