"Make a Wish" Wednesday
My Wish: My wish this week is to win tonight’s Lotto 649 Jackpot – currently estimated to be at 32 million dollars. Although, that’s Canadian dollars, it’s still a lot of money and I would be able to do wonders with that kind of cash (both for myself and others).
For starters, here is what I would do if I won:
- Quit my job. I like my job but wouldn’t be able to take it seriously with that kind of cash in the bank.
- Pay off my mortgage and my car loan.
- Give my dad and in-laws some money and help them enjoy retirement.
- Take ten of my closest friends on an all expense paid scuba vacation.
- Renovate and landscape my existing home (add a pool and a hot tub too).
- Buy an ocean-front condo in Bonaire, so I have a place to escape the snow in the winter months.
- Build an affordable, fully accessible housing complex for seniors and those with disabilities in my home town.
- Start a scholarship program for disadvantaged teens - for those who can't afford a post-secondary education, but want one.
- Hire a house keeping and landscaping service for myself.
- Buy one boat and two motorcycles - one for me and one for my husband - no sense fighting about who will be the rider and who will be the driver.