Randomness...

 I have a lot to say, but not enough of any one thing to form a complete blog, so here's some of my thoughts...
  • February is now behind us.  It's nice to welcome the month of March.  Somehow I feel like we've turned a corner and will soon be slamming the door in the face of winter.
  • On the topic of semi-spring weather, the animals have emerged from their Winter slumber.  How do I know?  Well, my roadkill count this morning was 2 skunks, 2 raccoons and 4 rabbits.  Yep, Spring is in the air.
  • My son went for his G-2 road test today and he passed!  Now, he is free to drive without adult supervision.  I'm not sure how my husband is coping with that thought since he'll be driving J's truck.  Thank goodness the boy doesn't know how to drive a standard or I might be the one concerned.
  • I finished preparing my taxes yesterday.  I'm happy to be getting a minimal return, but considering the amount of income tax I've paid to the government, I believe I should be entitled to a bigger one.  Seems only fair to me.
  • I like sports, but am glad that the Olympics are finally over.  I need something more mind-numbing to keep me entertained and the Olympics just weren't cutting it.
  • My mother-in-law baked 11 apple pies yesterday.  When I asked her what possessed her to do such a thing, her response was "I had some extra baking supplies that I didn't want to go to waste."  WTH?  I've had the same bag of flour in my house since 2000 and I'm not concerned about it going bad.  I just don't understand some people...

Comments

Brian Miller said…
11 apple pies...send some my way! i feel sorry for the raodkill...great job for son passing the test...taxes, sheesh...
Mara said…
I'm a soooooo ready for winter to come to an end. If I never saw another flake of snow in the rest of my life, I'd be a happy woman.

Taxes!!! I need to file mine. Thanks for the reminder :)
JW.BW said…
Its kind of crazy that I have missed winter all together this year, especially since it was such a crazy one where I am stationed in VA. The roadkill count is a great way to tell that spring is coming, your so funny.

Ive never made 1 apple pie... N I dont think I will make 11 apple pies in my whole life span...
Rachel said…
The Olympics are over?!?! YAY!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

January Blows...

Heard It Through A Cube Wall...Version 3.0