Excuse Me While I Ramble...
- Today is my son’s 17th birthday. As he is on a boat somewhere along the Alaskan coast and a phone call is not feasible, I’ve tried to send him a text message and cannot figure out the damn alphabet on the phone pad – all I’ve been able to come up with is “Hisspy Bistry”. Perhaps a new phone with a complete keypad or an iPhone would solve my texting challenges.
- On my drive into work this morning, I had to pass no fewer than 9 cars, a dump truck and a school bus. I had assumed that they must have thought it was Sunday given they were out for a leisurely drive in the country.
- Where is summer? If you’ve seen it, I would appreciate it if you would send it my way. A generous reward is being offered for its safe return to my backyard. Canadian summers are short enough and without it, I’m becoming suspect of my mental stability.
- I just grabbed a juice box from the refrigerator here at work (one of our perks) and I quite possibly look like the biggest moron on the planet while I’m sucking away on the tiny straw, which was obviously meant for a 3 year old. Note to self – not worth the effort.
- I’m convinced Mr. Bean has taken a side job as an internal auditor in my company. Not only does he look like him, but the man hardly speaks and when he does, it’s a low mumble - exactly like Mr. Bean. If I see Teddy emerge, I’ll be sure to get his autograph.