Rum Punch Party...

Another Monday is upon us and I’ll try to highlight the weekend events, since I was too preoccupied on the weekend to do it then.

One of my friends has just retired - an event some of us can only imagine. In honour of such an event, a celebration was called for and what better way to kick off the celebrations than a rum punch party. My husband and I hosted the event which was attended by 15 of our closest friends.

I should mention that as semi-annual tropical traveler, the only thing I bring back as a souvenir from holidays anymore is typically alcohol and it’s usually rum. You name the flavour, I most likely have it – at least I did before this weekend. The choices presented were coconut, banana, orange, raspberry, lemon-lime or original and were served with a big bucket of punch (a mixture of orange juice, pineapple juice, lemonade, bananas, water and ginger-ale). Yum!

The measure of a successful party (in my opinion at least) is: Friends, plenty of food, plenty of drink, plenty of laughter and of course great music. In a risk of “tooting my own horn”, I would say it was a complete success. The only thing that could have made it any better was a few beach chairs, palm trees, a beach and a view of the Caribbean blue waters. I now have an excuse to continue my worldly travels – I need to restock my rum!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Blows...

Q&A With Myself...