Random Tuesday Thoughts...Winning, Losing and Complaining....


It’s seems like forever since I’ve been random or at least participated in RTT.   So, without further adieu, let’s get cracka a lackin…Hop over and visit The Un Mom, who loves to host this AWESOME event...
We took The Boy to the horse races for his 18th birthday celebrations.  It was his choice, so don’t judge me.  I forgot how much fun the races were – especially when you are winning!  When all was said and done, J and I (really it was just me) won about $60.  The Boy and his buddy had a great time, but lost about $40.  Regardless of winning or losing, the memories we made were priceless.
In about a week, J and I are off to Sedona, AZ for a week of hiking and photo taking (by J).  Yes, you heard me right HIKING.   Did I mention that fact that I don’t like to exert myself?  Whose bright idea was this?   Wait…maybe it was mine.   I’m the one that suggested Sedona, but my thoughts were of shopping, sightseeing and more shopping.  It was J that decided we should see some backcountry.  WTH?  How did he manage to become so confused?
There was no way in hell, I was leaving my fate to J when it comes to picking hiking trails, so I ordered a book on hiking trails in the Sedona area.  The book I chose - “Best Easy Day Hikes” (with an emphasis on EASY).   Woot!  With a title like that, I should have it made.  
I don’t think I’ve mentioned it before, but I've (Flamingo Tongue Designs)  been selected as an exhibitor in a regional Christmas craft show.  It’s kind of a big deal to be chosen considering the artist guild running the show are a pretty close knit bunch and rarely let in outsiders.  Now, I need to kick my jewelry making sweatshop into high gear to make sure I’m ready in time with lots of inventory.
Work is still boring as ever.  I’ve even lost the energy to make fun of my co-workers.  Help me!

Comments

Anjanette Young said…
LOL, good choice on the book. I am sure even the "easy" trails are going to be exerting.

Congrats on the Christmas Craft Show, that sounds exciting.

Happy RTT
raydenzel1 said…
I am guessing someone will do something to stir things up.
Simply Suthern said…
I had a friend just fly down to Peru to do a mountain hike. I've seen him take the stairs here at work. I hope they have helicopters there. LOL

Congrats on the show.
Amanda G said…
First time here...congrats on the Christmas show, that's very cool.
I hope the "easy" hikes are just that for you. ;)
Amanda (from: myramblings.ca)
Brian Miller said…
woot woot. congrats on the show...glad you had fun at the races...and have fun hiking in AZ...i would love that!
Carol said…
Wait! Hiking in Sedona in the summer? Do you know how hot it is there?
Sarah said…
Awesome! Love your random thoughts. We are finally planning a vacation for fall...did I already mention that? And thanks for the recent comments - I am blessed! From the sound of it so are you! Always good to keep that in mind when the little things in life get to us! Hope your week is going well!
Brindy said…
I used to love going to Greyhound racing - mental note - plan a night at the races with the girls.

Great news on the Christmas craft show, I have a friend who has started making jewellry and doing local craft fairs, she loves wire wrapping.
CrazyCris said…
congratulations!!! being selected for a craft show is a big deal!!! :o)

and you're already in Az as I type this, so I hope those trails aren't too difficult! and I hope you took lots of water, 'cause I've done hiking in an Arizonan summer and... HOT!!! :p

Popular posts from this blog

January Blows...

Heard It Through A Cube Wall...Version 3.0