He's Still My Baby...


Today is my son’s 18th birthday.  How the hell did that happen so quickly?  It can’t possibly be true, but sadly it is – I’ve double checked the calendar.  Eighteen years ago today, I gave birth to a 7 lbs 7 oz, 19 inch baby boy.  He’s not so little anymore, but still as adorable…
Here is a brief conversation from this morning:
Me:   Happy Birthday.
The Boy:  Thanks.
Me:   So, what are you going to do today? 
The Boy:   Go back to bed.
Me:   Is there anything special you are planning to do to celebrate turning 18?
The Boy:  I’m going to buy a lottery ticket and a girly magazine.  Can I have 20 bucks?
Me:  *snort* (as I begin to laugh hysterically).  Have fun with that.
The Boy:  Yep
(at this point J chimes in)
J:   I suggest Playboy.  Ummm, I hear they have great articles.
The Boy:  Okay, but I’m not sure that’s what they’re known for.
What more is there to say?  I love my dysfunctional family.

Comments

Simply Suthern said…
Congrats to your son on making 18 yrs. I know you are excited.

My daughter just turned 18 in June. She was our third to reach that threshold so the thrill is waning a bit at the house.

Teens sleep a lot dont they? Prolly cause they are on the phone all nite.

Eat a piece of cake for me.
R. Jacob said…
We have also reached that threshold 3x. An accomplishment or survival, I can't decide.
Brian Miller said…
ha. happy birthday to your son...and hope he make the most of it...lol.
K13 said…
Happy Birthday to your son!!

Hilarious conversation too!!

Popular posts from this blog

What I Did On My Summer Vacation - An Essay...