Mood Swings...

Well, I woke up this morning feeling miserable. Never mind the wrong side of the bed; I woke up in a different bedroom (at least it seemed that way). This feeling seems to be occurring a lot lately and I can’t seem to figure out why. Nonetheless, I am determined not to let it affect the rest of my day. I believe that if I can just struggle through my morning routine, I will be able to grab my coffee and regroup on my drive into work. Unfortunately the closer I got, the more my mood darkened. Perhaps it was simply foresight of things to come.

The sun is beginning to shine, so as lunch time arrives and I decide to take a quick drive to help lighten my mood. As I step out the door, the wind is gusting and it is freezing – so much for Spring and the deceitful sunshine, but I muster on. As I’m getting into my car a huge gust of wind comes up out of no where and my car door goes flying – slamming right into the car door beside me. As I dislodge my car door, I proceed to swear uncontrollably – not so much because of the large dent it left in the other door, but because it was the HR Director’s car and boy does she LOVE that car!

Can you say career limiting move? To others you might think so, but today I’m in no mood for this shit, even if it is my own fault. Don’t get me wrong, I genuinely feel bad and do trudge back into the office to tell her what has just happened, although there was a point, I had an overwhelming urge to simply get into my car, drive home, get into bed and not move until tomorrow.

If I’ve learned anything from these moods - I’ve learned it’s better to go with your instincts and call in sick, so as not to risk injury to yourself or others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Blows...

Still Here, Still Grinding …