Birthdays and Life Insurance...Coincidence?

Today is just like any another day, except it’s my birthday. Birthdays are one of those events I don’t typically put a lot of thought into. I don’t expect grand celebrations or lavish gifts since I would rather celebrate anything I feel like throughout the year and not reserve my celebrations to just one day.

Birthdays are inevitable events and there’s nothing you can do about them to stop them from coming. Am I concerned about growing older? Of course, but only because there are so many things I want to do and see and not enough time or resources to accomplish them all - at least not within my predetermined timeframe. I like semi-instant gratification and except to see immediate reward and its days like today that I am reminded that another year has passed and what have I accomplished since my last birthday?

Well, within the last year, I’ve traveled to Roatan, Honduras; Myrtle Beach, SC; Bonaire, Netherland Antilles and Samana, Dominican Republic. I am thankful for every opportunity I have been given throughout this past year and within my lifetime and perhaps today would be easier to handle if it wasn’t for the fact that my life insurance was also due today. Hmmm…

I've learned - that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Blows...

Heard It Through A Cube Wall...Version 3.0