Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude...


I’m back from my brief holiday in Arizona and am missing it already.  J and I spent 4 days in Sedona and an additional 2 in Phoenix.  Both cities were fantastic, but each held its own specialness about it.
Having lived briefly in Phoenix in 2000, I knew what to expect with the heat, desert terrain, shopping and the people; however I wasn’t prepared for the breathtaking beauty of Sedona and its laid back vibe.
Highlights of Sedona
Hiking – I didn’t consider myself a hard core “hiker” before this trip, but considered myself more of a “stroller”.  I tend to like to take my time walking, gawking and talking.  At least I did.  After successfully completing a climb up the side of Doe Mountain (on a mountain goat path) and experiencing the vastness and remoteness of the 8 miles West Fork Trail, I’m 100% hard core.  It was challenging, but fun and I lived to tell the tale (even though I swore I was going to die on that mountainside)…
Beads -  Part of the intent of this trip was to source some unique beads and supplies for my business.  I was hoping to find some different beads that couldn’t be found in Canada and that would give my creations a unique feel  and would set my goods apart from what could otherwise be found at Michaels.  With 4 pounds of beads in my carry-on (and a hefty credit card bill to follow), I can honestly say this trip was a success…. 
Simon’s World Famous Hot Dogs – Yep.  One of our most memorable meals was courtesy of Simon’s World Famous Hot Dogs and the Oak Creek Brewery.  Although we prefer a nice dinner once and awhile, J and I are not high-end foodies.  We like to get off the beaten path and go where the locals go and that’s how we wound up in a warehouse in the industrial area of Sedona – home to Oak Creek Brewery and Simon’s.   Where else can you sit beside a vat of beer and enjoy an ice cold beer, accompanied by a super large chili and beef dog, with a side of nachos?  The best part – it was all under $20 and guilt-free thanks to all of the hiking we had done.
The People – It’s hard to explain the people of Sedona, but I would expect that the majority are not originally from Sedona or even Arizona.  I believe the natural beauty and spirituality of the red rocks draw people in from far and wide – both sane and not so much…they are unique.  Where else can you participate in aura readings and make nightly "contact" with ET?  Enough said.
Once J gets around to sharing his 450 pictures with me, I’ll be sure to post a few.

Comments

Brian Miller said…
ooo...cant wait to see the pictures...good job on the hike..a vat of beer and a hotdog, yum...sounds like you had a marvelous trip...
Simply Suthern said…
Welcome home. Glad you had a great time. Sounds like the trip accomplished what it was intended to do.

Cant wait to see some pics as well.
Maude Lynn said…
I can't wait to see some pictures!
raydenzel1 said…
I am glad your vacation went well. Beer and hot dogs, very good combo.
Beatriz said…
I've heard Sedona is a world all on its own :)

I have to say I love that type of scenery, glad you had a wonderful time.
Amy said…
I've never been to Sedona. Now you've made me want to go! Sounds like you had an awesome time!
*krystyn* said…
Ohhhh AZ...I've always enjoyed Sedona and heard that the majority of the residents are "wealthy" retired folk...it's a pretty expensive place, so that makes sense to me. Glad you had a good time.
Brindy said…
Your post has brought back memories of a trip I did to Bryce & Zion Canyons, the scenery there was unbelievable and I loved it.

I can't wait to see some photos.
Raven said…
Welcome home! I'm glad you had a great time. I want to go to Sedona sometime, I've heard it's a very spiritual place. Have fun with all your new beads!

Popular posts from this blog

January Blows...

Heard It Through A Cube Wall...Version 3.0