The Stars Have Aligned...
So, as I mentioned earlier this week – I quit my job. I didn’t hate my job - it was okay as far as jobs went.
I decided to leave because boredom got the better of me. My days were not remotely close to being filled and 98% of the time, I read e-books or surfed the internet – for 8 hours a day! I’m sure it sounds like a dream job to some, but it wasn’t for me. After 2 years or mind-numbing boredom, my mind was slowly turning to mush. I like to challenge others and be challenged and this place wasn’t fulfilling any of those requirements.
This new opportunity was literally in the works for a long time. My path crossed with an old acquaintance about 4 years ago. I was looking for something new, but he wasn’t looking to hire. Then, he was looking to hire, but I wasn’t looking to move. It’s been back and forth, back and forth. I’d actually written the opportunity off and was moving on when I got another call.
Well, finally the stars aligned and I was presented with an offer (and opportunity) that I couldn’t refuse.
- A lot closer to home = more time for me and less time on the road, which means less stops at the gas station;
- Brand new position. I can make it my own and don’t have to worry about hearing “that’s not how so and so did it."
- Great family owned company, with lots of room for personal growth.
- Better benefits and a pension plan;
- An office of my own – with a door! No more cube-dwelling for this girl;
- More money. I didn’t even have to ask for it, but gladly accepted it;
- Most importantly – RESPECT. They value their employees and it shows – most of them are 15+ years with this company.
Today, I am a firm believer that “Good things come to those who wait".