On The Bright Side of March...
In a desperate attempt to put the winter blahs behind me, I trying to look on the bright side of things and this is my attempt of looking for the positives in the month of March (in no particular order).
- St. Patrick’s Day – What’s not to love about a day where you can drink green beer and kiss Irish people?
- My Birthday – Also another day you can drink beer and kiss Irish people.
- Mardis Gras - Do you sense a pattern? Another day to drink beer, but this time I don’t think you’re limited to just kissing the Irish.
- Spring – The first day of Spring officially arrives – enough said. No wait – WHOO HOOO!!!
- Daylight Savings Time – More daylight! Yeah!!!
- Three Pay Checks – Bi-weekly pay periods are fantastic when you are blessed with three of them in one month. What to buy? What bill to pay?
- March Madness – I don’t really follow basketball any other time of year, but I am part of a “pool”, so I tend to pay a little more attention to what’s going on in March.
- International Women’s Day – I’m actually attending a gala breakfast in recognition of this day. I committed to going before I knew it started at 7:00 a.m. and will have to get up by 5:00 to make it on time. Next time…I’ll ask for the details first.
- Last but not least…a vacation. Yes, I’m taking another vacation (next week). I know, I know - that's all I do. This one I can thank my income tax refund and the weekend hours I worked for my previous company, to be able to book a getaway. Thank goodness for small miracles. After this one – there will be no more vacations in my near future. I need to get saving for “Philippines 2012 – Epic Dive Adventure 3.0”.
What’s on your bright side of March?