Pre Merry Christmas

Wow!  Where has the month of December gone?  The last I remember, it was late November and now, Christmas is upon us.  How did that happen?

On the upside, I’ve been done my Christmas shopping and decorating since December 1st, so it’s been a pleasant experience being able to AVOID the mall, crowds and crazies. 

I did however, fail at Christmas baking this year.  I don’t enjoy baking, so it’s not something I do willingly, but every year, I begrudgingly make J and The Boy shortbread cookies.    This year I’m blaming the lack of cookies in our household on the makers of corn starch (a key ingredient in the cookies).  Yes, the corn starch company!  For the past 15 years, the recipe I use for the shortbread has resided on the side of the corn starch box.  Imagine my surprise when I look for the recipe on my new container of shortbread and all I see are the instructions “for recipe ideas visit our website”.  WTH?   So because I’m not totally lazy, I trudge off in search of the recipe on the world wide web – only to be horribly disappointed when I receive a “404 Not found” error.  Seems someone didn’t pay the web hosting bill at the corn starch company and their server WITH the recipes no longer existed.

So, there you have it – my household is cookieless for the 2013 festive season.   Let’s be honest, I wouldn’t have won the mother of the year award this year anyhow, so no harm done. 

If I had made them though, they would have looked like this…



Not really, more like this...but a girl can dream can’t she?

 

Have wonderful Christmas! May your home be filled with lots of love and many, many cookies.

Comments

Brian Miller said…
ha. we made cookies today...they did not look like the first shot there...smiles....but they were good...its funny they spread much farther than we thought they would so they are huge....

merry christmas...
raydenzel1 said…
Merry ChristmasSharman😄
Beatriz said…
LOL Hope the holiday was still good, even without the cookies :)
*krystyn* said…
I made cookies on Dec 10 and that was it...no more cookies here thanks to knee surgery. Ugh!!

Popular posts from this blog

January Blows...

Heard It Through A Cube Wall...Version 3.0