Lazy Procrastinators…Are There Any Other Kind?


Over the past few months, J and I have been procrastinating on many, many things. Apart from finishing the spare room renovation project, we have been putting off the inevitable – the start of liquidating our household of stuff, lots and lots of stuff.

I’m not a knick knack person and am not fond of clutter. Our decorative taste is pretty minimalistic, so I didn’t think I had that much stuff to liquidate. Well, I now think otherwise. I now think I’m on the verge of becoming a hoarder. Eeek!

Who knew we had so much space to stuff…stuff? The basement is full of stuff, the closets are full of stuff, the kitchen cupboards and drawers are packed to the brim with stuff. Stuff is everywhere.  No wonder my house appears to be free of clutter - it's because it's hiding.  Good thing the spare room is not finished, or else there'd be stuff stuffed in there too!

Where did it come from? Not sure, but I suspect it was just easier to stuff it somewhere than to box it up and take it to charity. Yes, we’re apparently lazy procrastinators.

So with our new found motivation, over the past few nights J has been rounding up “quick sale” excess stuff - like scuba gear. We have enough excess scuba gear to outfit a small platoon of navy seals. Seriously, it’s that bad or good depending on how you look at it. I say it will definitely be good for the pocket book.  

Comments

CrazyCris said…
My family has always suffered from excess "stuff". Fortunately each time we moved (and we did that a lot), we were able to alleviate the problem! Unfortunately we've been in the same place for a long time now... It's the invasion of the STUFF!!! :p

And in Spain people don't do garage sales... How about in Canada?

(if I were in your neck of the woods I'd definitely sneak a peek at your dive stuff!) ;o)

Popular posts from this blog

January Blows...

Heard It Through A Cube Wall...Version 3.0