I realize it’s technically not winter yet, but I’m fed up already and I haven’t even seen a snowflake yet.
With only one month remaining until I vacate this country for the sunny south, here’s my top 10 list which might indicate you also need a vacation to a sunny, warm destination…
1. “Wind chill” is suddenly the new catch phrase.
2. You go to work in the dark and you come home in the dark.
3. It’s the first day of November and you have appointment to have your snow tires put on.
4. It’s the first day of November and Christmas has thrown up all over the mall.
5. It’s the first day of November and Vegas bookies have started taking bets on when the first Christmas carol will be played on the radio.
6. You’ve become emotionally attached to flannel sheets and electric blankets.
7. The space heater under your desk hasn’t been turned off since September.
8. You’ve had to go on a scavenger hunt to find your ice scraper, winter boots, mittens and toque (let me know if I have to explain that one).
9. You’ve switched from drinking margaritas to spiced rum and warm cider, with an extra hint of spiced rum.
10. Your legs have become so furry; your spouse thinks he’s sleeping with a Yeti.
There you have it. It’s time for a getaway…