25 August, 2011

Tomato, Toe-ma-toe

No matter how you pronounce it – they are delicious!
 
Yes, things are sooooo boring in my life at the moment that I’m actually writing about tomatoes. 
 
Are they a fruit or vegetable?  Friend or foe?  Who cares?  I love them.
 
Tomatoes are now “in season” here in Canada and I’m lucky to live in the heart of farm country, with easy access to fresh local produce.   I eat at least one tomato at every meal and know it’s time to cut back on the tomatoes when I start getting canker sores in my mouth from all of the acid.  Yes, I love them that much…
 
I actually consider myself a bit of a tomato connoisseur and can usually tell how good they will be by smell alone.  Yes, I admittedly sniff my way through the produce department.   Loser?  Ummm, yes.  But you probably already figured that out already by this post alone.
 
I’m off…to make a bacon and tomato sandwich.  Hopefully things pick up or else my next post might be about french fries and gravy (again)…

7 comments:

nice. bacon tomato sounds great...love even just tomato sandwiches...with mayo...salt and pepper...mmm...had some great ones this summer.

Bacon and tomato sandwich sounds amazing!

I hate tomato. They're slimy and make my skin crawl.

I never used to eat tomatoes until a few years ago...now we grow them in the backyard. Sadly this year's crop has not been so great...itty bitty tomatoes & not as many as last year. We'll try again next year though.

I remember the post about french fries and gravy! Does that make me a loser? I'm with K13, I used to hate tomatoes but now kind of like them. They've grown on me :)

Have a great weekend!

I've just become the proud owner of 4 tomato plants so I'm becoming more in tune with them. We have about 10 little green tomatoes at the moment who get a daily visit to make sure they're still there. I can't wait to eat the first one from our own greenhouse.