Bah Humbug...

Do you ever have those days when you feel overwhelmed and feel like punching the next person that passes your way in the throat? No? So, it’s just me then.

Well, today is one of those days for me. As I write this it is actually October 31st – Halloween. It should be an uneventful day, except that it’s “dress-up” day in the office.

I’ve never been one for theatrics of the dress up kind. I’m happy for people that enjoy costumes and make believe, but I’m not one of them, so I respectfully ask to be left alone and not chided by co-workers I don’t even like for the fact that I’m not in costume.

It shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone – I don’t enjoy my job and putting a costume on for a day is not going to make having to come to work a pleasant experience.

It began on Monday – the questions and comments – What are you dressing up as? Do you want to be part of the 7 dwarfs team? How about catman from Kiss? Even today – I have a cape you can wear since you’re already wearing black. Seriously people, FECK OFF!

I should have called in sick and avoided the whole day. Don’t get me wrong – I LOVE to have fun and would be the first person on the party train - just not today and with these people.

There, I feel better now that the rant has concluded. Better hope the next person walking through my office door is just delivering the mail....




Be safe and have fun...

Comments

Brian Miller said…
ha. costumes were forbidden on campus so i rocked an orange t shirt and black sport coat....one of the dwarves eh? smiles.
Simply Suthern said…
I dont think anyone in our office dressed up yesterday. My boss would have if he had been in town but I aint much for dressing up regardless.

Popular posts from this blog

January Blows...

Q&A With Myself...