This and That - The Pre-Christmas Edition…


Now that the craziness of the holiday season is almost behind us, I’m hoping to get back into the blogging state of mind. With everything else going on these days, it’s been hard to keep up.

My Christmas shopping is done and wrapped. Thank goodness for small miracles. I’ve been second guessing a couple of the purchases. Not that I’ve overspent on them, I’m just not 100% convinced they will be appreciated as much as I feel they should be. Oh well, I’m not dwelling on it because it’s the thought that counts – right?

About 4 weeks ago, J and I ordered new living room furniture for Christmas. Only one piece was being customized with different fabric, but we refused to pay a delivery charge twice, so we’re now expecting it to be delivered in time for Valentine’s Day. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

The Gigantic Craft Show has come and gone. After all my hard work, I’m happy to say I made money. Not enough to retire, but enough to call it a success. Will I do the same show again next year? Most likely not. While it was successful, it wasn’t successful enough when you factor in the two “vacation” days I had to use up from work. I LOVE my vacation days too much to give those up again.

J’s mom has decided she isn’t participating in Christmas this year. No Christmas Tree, no decorations, no Christmas dinner. Bah humbug! There will be presents though – both given and received. Apparently she doesn’t despise Christmas enough to give up on the presents. I didn’t bother to ask why she is being so anti-holiday. Somethings are just better left unsaid.

Speaking of Bah Humbug, The Boy is currently between jobs at the moment. His current contract ended a couple of weeks ago and unfortunately, nothing else has come along. I realize no one is hiring right now given the time of year; however I’m hoping he finds something else and soon because his Christmas spirit hasn’t been shining all that brightly either.

We have our work luncheon and secret Santa gift exchange tomorrow. Oh goody. I love nothing more than spending extended awkward moments with co-workers during the holiday season.

So with that, I leave you with the best possible Christmas quote of all time…sums things up quite nicely I think.

“Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no! We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here! We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye! And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse!"  – Clark Griswold

Comments

*krystyn* said…
oh my -that quote is the best - I may need to watch that movie this year just to hear it straight from Chevy's mouth!! I love him!!

I hope you have a Merry Christmas despite the bah humbug-filled individuals!
Rachel said…
I was wondering how the jewelry show went......

If I was cutting out Christmas, presents would be the first to go. And they have! The tree is up, I've been listening to Christmas music, doing holiday baking, but I haven't bought any presents. Not a single one.

"I wouldn't be more surprised if I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet."
CrazyCris said…
Glad to hear the craft show went so well, bravo! :o)

I understand how the Boy's feeling. It's hard to be cheerful when the future is so uncertain... Hopefully something will come along with the new year!

I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas! Send some of your snow my way, it's unseasonally warm! (20ºC today!!!)
raydenzel1 said…
It proves you have to try something to see if it will work, all part of the 5 year plan. Cheers!
Beatriz said…
LOL! Awesome quote! Glad your show went well :)

When I wrapped gifts this year it took me a whole week to finish. I might bag everything next year!

Happy new Year!

Popular posts from this blog

January Blows...

Q&A With Myself...